We are looking for the studio head of operations whose role is to allow us to work in a better, faster or easier way.
The head of operations is visible and transparent in the role and participates in all the strategic activities of the studio.
You will report to the head of the studio and be their right arm and back-up.
• Plan and monitor the daily operations, evaluates their efficiency and acts accordingly
• Advocate for, and facilitates the compliance with the Game Development Framework
• Oversee the road map and the deliveries
• Manage resourcing, onboarding, career progression and attrition
• You will manage succession planning and talent management
• Manage the studio budgets
• Manage the facilities
• Initiate and manage improvement projects
• You will promote and champion the studio culture
• Focus: ensures that all projects contribute to the studio vision and the strategy
• Unity: ensures information flow and learning within the studio
Central services and partners
• Manage the relationship between the studio, based in Helsinki, and EA central services based around the world
• Manage the few and light studio central services
• Manage relationships with external partners and vendors
• Is a solution maker, someone who only highlights issues to advocate for solutions.
• Take pride in delivering on time, in full, at expected quality and budget levels.
• Understand the right value of processes and resist the need to create processes and rules to fix issues.
• You will ave a passion for promoting the culture of agreement, autonomy, trust and transparency and non-discrimination..
work and education:
• Extended experience working with people, products and production processes
• 10+ year experience in the mobile game industry
• Familiar with support departments like localisation, customer support, community management, QA, audio, user research, analytics, IT, submission, studio administration. HR would be a big plus.
• Familiar with stage gate production.