Game Designer I
Hyderabad, IN US
We're EA - developers of world-renowned games such as -Madden NFL, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield, Star Wars, and Plants vs. Zombies. We are committed to creating games for every platform-from PC to Console to Mobile. We pride ourselves in delivering engaging, accessible, highquality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
Slingshot Games, a division of Electronic Arts India, is one of EA Mobile's valued studios and is home to some of the most talented teams comprising of Design, Art, Engineering, Production, Product Management, Analytics, and Community & Marketing individuals.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile's center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market.
Here are the values we truly believe in:
Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
Ownership – Get things done
Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
We are looking for someone who will embrace and contribute to our team culture and share your hard earned expertise to create the user interface and experience for our players. We're picturing someone who is passionate about UI functionality and UX design, and who can create the ''flow'' to help guide our players through attractive but clear menus and options to create a seamless, easy to navigate gaming experience.
If you have the passion to play and develop games, we'd love to hear from you and explore opportunities for the Experience Designer position we have in our studio!
• 5+ years' professional experience in game design.
• A portfolio with examples of finished UX/UI work and insight into your development process.
• A passion for games and understand what is outstanding UX across multiple genres.
• Understand the connections between UI functionality and UI aesthetics, and how to enhance outcomes for the benefit of gamers.
• Strong technical skills and comfortable with getting into the guts of a game.
• The ability to analyze metrics or other feedback methods to evaluate and improve your work post launch.
• Design intuitive, usable and engaging mobile interactions and interface designs.
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications.
• Should be proficient in UI/UX preferred package Unity.
• Good knowledge of UI animation and particle creation in unity.
• Proficient with Photoshop.
• Good in-depth knowledge about mobile games and their functionality.
• Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
• Good team player.
• Ability to work with the developers to implement the design elements in the game.
• Guide the creation of the best pathways to guide players through menus and options easily.
• Work with all disciplines – code, art, design, audio, animation, FX – to create optimal UI/UX.
• Find new ways to advocate for improving the design of the UI tool set & workflow.
• Establish best UX design practices for the team and lead by example.
• Design mock-ups, wireframes and storyboards to support the flow of the game
• Move from wireframe to visual iterations to finished art, and finally to implementation in an - actual UI system.
• Create and implement a broad variety of high-quality artwork
• Provide and receive constructive feedback and critique.