Intern - Software Engineer
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Software Engineer Intern (Fall 2020)
Must be available for a full-time paid internship between September and December 2020. We are only considering students who will be enrolled in a bachelors or masters program in the fall of 2020, slated to graduate in December of 2020 through August 2021
We are looking for an Intern Software Engineer to join the quality verification team at EA Redwood Shores. Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world, in a challenging yet fun and creative environment.
As an intern, you'll contribute to the technical quality effort as an engineer and collaborate with an experienced game team in a fast-paced development environment to explore edge cases and identify game-breaking bugs using a code-driven testing approach. While on our team, you will learn and experience multiple technologies and platforms, non-relational databases, complex toolchains, and game scripting. You'll be involved in our SCRUM process and will gain the experience of what it is like to work on a multi-discipline team.
Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. Join a team where you make a direct impact on our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer! Check out this video for more information on the discipline: https://youtu.be/vr121jg7OVE
You'll have opportunities to create game content and features to be a part of a AAA title.
• Develop tools for a AAA title
• Work with development and quality verification teams in an Agile Scrum environment to design, develop, deliver, own and improve reliable and robust tools and platforms
• Operate and deliver in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while meeting high-quality standards
• Follow best practices to maximize game performance across multiples devices and platforms
• Collaborate with fellow developers to create systems, technology, and tools
• We are only considering students who will be enrolled in a bachelors or masters program in the fall of 2020, slated to graduate in December of 2020 through August 2021
• BS or MS program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering with a programming emphasis
• Understand computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design
• Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• A passion for gaming technology and creating great player experiences
• Experience with a major game engine (Unity or Unreal Engine)
• Familiarity with some of the following languages: C#, C++, and Python
• Familiarity with Jenkins CI, Perforce, GIT.
• Passion for video games