Location: Hyderabad, India
The Development Manager (QA Project Manager) will be responsible for maintaining the proper course of actions and services around functionality testing planning, execution, and reporting on one or more projects under supervision. The Development Manager is tasked with coordinating a group of Associate Development Managers or QA Project Leads handling key testing activities, is actively involved in process improvement initiatives and improve on efficiency and level of quality while keeping a strong partnership and open communication lines with all partners. Development Manager is also the key user of data and its analysis and bring it into practice for data driven decisions.
• Responsible for managing the planning, execution, and reporting processes of QV team.
• Partner closely with leads on other teams (Game Development, Compliance, Certification, Localisation) and be collaborating with the project owner to ensure the teams are working as efficiently as possible.
• Assure timely completion of testing for projects as well as comprehensive bug tracking and reporting.
• Hire, onboard and train the test team. Monitor and evaluate tester/analyst performance and take corrective actions as and when needed.
• Be pro-active and anticipate potential problems and future needs and take necessary actions to address them or raise concerns to the management team.
• Measure and report on quality assurance metrics on a regular basis.
• Identify a strategy for maintaining consistent QA environments providing as much up time for testing as possible.
• Uphold the importance of core values and culture by leading team building events and building strong communication amongst QA team members.
• Utilizes metrics and analytics to anticipate future issues affecting the health or quality of the game, and to some extent, the team.
• Manages shifts as the team work in a geographical distributed environment.
Skills and Experience:
• 6+ years' experience in Quality Assurance or comparable development experience
• 1-2 years of experience in project planning in testing or dev environments, and managing a team
• Experience with various project management and bug tracking tools
• Experience in working on automation tools and other cost-effective testing methodologies
• Experience in leveraging product & quality data for generating meaningful metrics & visualization
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Agile experience
• PMP certification
• Games industry experience
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site