Director of Game Product Management
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do. You're probably familiar with many of our games - Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. We are committed to creating games for every platform- from PC to Console to Mobile. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative potential, be inspired by those around you and engage in architecting success at scale.
EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices and online environments that deliver seamless play Anytime, Anywhere and on Any Mobile device. From Star Wars to Simpsons to Plants vs Zombies, EA Mobile houses some of the most beloved Mobile Game IP's. We pride ourselves in delivering engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
At Slingshot Games, EA's mobile studio located in Hyderabad, India, we delight over 3 million players everyday with our mobile games. We take pride in our live services excellence and execution rigor focused on delivering fun for our players. We are a multi-faceted game development studio where everyone imbibes our key values of tenacity, ownership, passion, collaboration, and alchemy. If this resonates with you, come talk to us about how you could be part of the team. We are looking for an accomplished business leader who revels in building products and leading people - to join our studio leadership team as Head of Product.
We are looking for an accomplished business leader who revels in building products and leading people - to join our studio leadership team as Head of Product.
As the Head of Product, your central responsibility will manage our Product, Data and Live Ops teams of experts. You will develop the talent on these teams and guide them to develop excellent, performant games. As a key member of the studio leadership team, you will help shape our games, our teams, our business, our strategy, and our growth.
You will exhibit mastery over mobile growth and life cycle management best practices, translate genre trends to actionable insights, and be fluent in free to play game design. You will provide leadership to game teams throughout the game development lifecycle from concept to prototype to production and best in class live services.
• Inspire and lead the product management and analytics teams at Slingshot
• Inculcate a learning and experimentation studio culture, rooted in scientific rigor
• Work with game teams and central partners to set and validate product goals through consumer insights, competitive research, and quantitative player data
• Identify opportunities to improve technology, tools, and processes to optimize product management team productivity and business outcomes for our portfolio of games
• Be an oracle of knowledge for all mobile gaming trends including device and OS market share, the strengths and weakness of each monetization model, and why the latest games are succeeding or failing Formally and informally present product vision and plans at all stages of product development to studio and EA executives on a regular basis
• Formally and informally present product vision and plans at all stages of product development to studio and EA executives on a regular basis
• Built or worked on at least one successful web or mobile consumer-facing product.
• Experience developing framework for economy design and running economies for products over multiple years
• A track record of attracting, developing, and retaining product management talent
• Very strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven design and decision making.
• Strong communication and writing skills, with experience preparing and presenting information to various stakeholders. Ability to effectively communicate both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders
• Comfortable with statistical concepts and advanced business metrics
• Strong in Excel, ability to create and manage models and simulators for virtual economies
• Working knowledge of data querying languages (SQL/R/Python) and tools
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects
• Experience working with cross-functional teams in fast-paced AGILE development
• An avid consumer of live service games – is inspired by playing them and is always thinking about how they can improve
• 12+ years of digital B2C product management experience
• 5+ years of leadership in product, with performance responsibility
• Built and managed product or data teams at scale
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site