Netherrealm is looking for a video game software engineer to work on core technology for the Mortal Kombat franchise. As a software engineer in the KoreTech group, you will help us further extend and innovate key technology for our Unreal 4 based engine. You will utilize and extend your experience with a wide variety of engine tech, including memory management, animation, rendering, build tools, and more. The software engineer should have a passion for constantly exploring and mastering new areas of a video game engine. Tasks will range from graphics and animation work to toolset development and parallelism.
• Work with gameplay programmers and designers to implement technical solutions to help them meet project design goals.
• Modify and extend core engine systems with a focus on future technology.
• Work with artists and designers to implement editor functionality and improve overall workflow for the team.
• Research and evaluate engine code to help identify and optimize bottlenecks.
• B.S. in computer science, computer engineering or other relevant field.
• 3+ years game industry or related programming experience.
• Experience with some aspects of engine technology, including memory management, streaming, rendering, animation, artist facing tools, build pipelines, and more.
• Must be able to work closely with designers, artists, and programmers to develop compelling technology that enables innovative game systems and features.
• Ability to architect, program and optimize C++ in existing or new systems with a focus on one or more game related specialties.
• Excellent C++ understanding and skills. The ability to write highly efficient and optimized code.
• Experience working on AAA console titles (preferred)
• Unreal engine experience a plus.
• A passion for video games.
• Strong desire to build industry-leading technology
• Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site