Software Engineer - Systems (C++) - Madden
For this role, we are looking for someone to help push our core systems and shared engine into the future. Our systems engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team.
We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, collaborating with other engineers, and building core systems (often leveraging other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work smarter and more efficient to bring substantial improvements to our game.
• Collaborates with design and other engineers to provide feedback and then creates clear and estimable technical designs.
• Delivers tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet requirements.
• Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
• Actively looks for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
• Contributes to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to enable collaborative development efforts.
• Passion for the development craft and demonstrates an interest in systems-level work.
• Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
• Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
• Demonstrable problem solving and debugging skills.
• General understanding of parallel programming considerations, resource management, and hardware architecture.
• Experience in engine development.
• Advanced understanding of C++.
• Understanding of x86 assembly.
• Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
• Experience in embedded systems.
• Experience in job-based architectures.