We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry that's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Game Development & Infrastructure Service (GDIS) team supports and empowers game development across EA's sites and Studio game teams, by providing leveraged IT Solutions that help EA to build the world's best Games and Digital Playground. With the latest generation of Gaming Platforms, 4K resolution TVs and 4D modeling, there is exponential growth in the size of content related to EA's game titles. EA's strategy uses a distributed development model to produce its games. These trends combined are creating some unique Information Technology challenges for the GDIS team to ensure that we have secure game technology tools and services which meet these needs, both today and in the future.
Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer will contribute by leading efforts to develop the next generation of EA cloud services. You are experienced in developing automated build and deploy pipelines and provisioning compute, networking, security, storage services in hybrid cloud environments on bare-metal, VMs. This is a hands-on coding, troubleshooting and leadership position. You will help build outstanding tools and services that directly contribute to the Game Development Lifecycle, Employee Experience, Company Operations and Security teams at EA. You will report to the Technical Manager on the Cloud team under EA IT focused on driving Cloud Adoption across EA.
• Architect and build IaaS and PaaS offerings to EA Enterprise and Game Development application owners using proprietary and open-source cloud computing solutions
• Work with different teams across EA such as Networking, Security, Monitoring teams to help improve and provide EA IT Cloud reference models and operational solutions which cover CI/CD pipelining for container/VM deployment on hybrid cloud, IaaS, PaaS, and Serverless
• Contribute to application scaling, configuration, optimization, lifecycle management with application and dev teams
• Create test-suites, successful operation runbooks to validate core functionalities and successful operation of EA IT cloud IaaS and PaaS offerings
• Develop tenant management models for different deployment models in EA IT Cloud reference architectures while guaranteeing network, namespace, service account isolation between different tenants
Job qualifications and requirements:
• 8+ years experience in Infrastructure Engineering, DevOps, Integration/System Engineering role
• Experience writing codes and scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Node.js
• Knowledge of public cloud platforms and services: AWS, Azure
• Experience with Infrastructure as code software tools, HashiCorp Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager
• Experience building, configuring Docker containers and using any of the container management technologies, such as Kubernetes
• Expert level knowledge in Linux, Linux networking: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTPS, DHCP, DNS, NAT, Security Groups, ELBs, VPN technology
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Don't Just Play It – Create It!