We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Our games are played everywhere in the world - in countries as diverse as the USA, Germany, Russia, Brazil, South Korea, and the Emirates - on any kind of gaming device (PC, web, console, mobile, smart TV's, etc.) and support multiple business models.
The Challenge Ahead
The EA Digital Platform organization is focused on the process, tools, and self-service capability to help online service teams to operate in a thoughtful cloud operating model. This requires providing an industry-leading cloud platform that provides the best experience from development to production operations for our game and service engineering teams. This enables our operations team to manage and scale a broad set of titles and supporting services with outstanding visibility and operability while controlling costs and addressing security requirements.
Technical Program Management works with Product, Development, and Studio teams to chart the course of cloud capabilities and player experiences. Technical Program Managers bring a level of business awareness and ability to translate product vision into tactical delivery. They are passionate about and represent the voice and needs of our partners: game publishing teams, platform service teams, and technical operations teams.
• Engagement: Lead large programs across game studios, services, and digital platform teams.
• Programs: Lead cloud infrastructure and services development efforts and collaborate across dependent engineering teams to operationalize platforms.
• Products: Guide platform vision and engagement goals into tactical efforts with roadmaps, priorities, and measurable milestones.
• Identity and manage cross-group contingencies needed for delivery.
• Quality: Ensuring testing to meet acceptance and performance criteria defined by the program.
• Service Management: Participating in change and release management that results zero downtime and zero data loss deployments.
• Data: Use data and our requirements to help improve vision, requirements, and service improvements.
• Efficient: Driving for services and platform operations that are easy to use, integrated, and resource efficient.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years program management experience
• 5+ years experience across component definition, design, engagement, engineering, and service management for available online services and platforms.
• Experience with documentation and work tracking tools like: Confluence, GitLab, JIRA, Teams/Sharepoint, Workfront, Hansoft.
• Experienced with cloud engineering components including: container models, service discovery, monitoring and diagnostic tooling, dev chain tooling, NoSQL proficiency would be a plus
• Experience working with multiple teams and partners across organizations.
• Delivery track record across multiple large-scale cross group programs.
• For your scope, able to bring clarity and ensure shared understanding across teams.
• Create enthusiasm and an environment where everyone can do great work.
• Passionate about achieving goals
• Aim to bring imagination, original ideas, and excitement to everything you do.
• Pioneer and act with the curiosity and courage that it takes to experiment and try new things.
• Listen and be open to new ways of thinking.
• Teamwork and being committed to each other
• Speak up when needed and be a collaborator.
• Understanding of and a passion for the digital gaming space would be considered a huge plus.
You will report to the Sr Director of Program Management for Cloud Engineering.