TV - Production Coordinator
New York, NY US
News Assistant (Temporary)
The news assistant is an integral part of the newsroom and the assignment desk. In this role, the news assistant is responsible for newsgathering for all CNN platforms including television and digital.
• There is a strong emphasis on writing and collaborating with our team of editors and managers.
• Clear, concise dissemination of information is a necessity.
• The news assistant will be tasked will making calls and combing through social media during breaking news as well as enterprise reporting.
• Logging news conferences, transcribing interviews and scouring the CNN library and affiliates for video elements are also essential tasks.
• Candidate should have experience conducting interviews as well as writing.
• In this position, you should contribute daily story pitch ideas and be proficient with detailed notes and organization.
• It is critical that the candidate be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment where accuracy is paramount.
• BA/BS in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Some field work may be included in this position.
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers 2018
• Best Company for Dads An in-house learning and development team
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site