QA Tester Trainer
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
QA TESTER TRAINER (CONTRACT) 12 Month assignment
Applicants must live within a 45 mile radius of Baton Rouge Louisiana
Due to the health and safety initiatives of Electronic Arts concerning COVID-19, this is currently a work from home (WFH) role.
QA Trainer Role
Tasked with envisioning and executing on tools and technologies that drive world-class quality is our Development Technology & Services (DTS) team at Electronic Arts. This group is on the forefront of emerging technologies and tools that enable our teams to create and code better and more efficiently. Working as one team they are pushing the envelope and evolving the Quality function, designed to be nimble, innovative and preventive, rather than solely detective.
Position specific resumes are required. Cover letters are optional.
We are now searching for a QV Trainer to join our team. Working within the Quality Verification group, you perform a vital role in developing and preparing our trainees to become testers on game development teams. At the forefront of the testing journey, you are the expert and voice of quality for new trainees. The QV Trainer is responsible for the facilitation of live, eLearning, and mixed delivery courses. Their primary responsibility will be the weekly facilitation of basic tester training for all new hire testers. Desired candidates have a background in testing and an interest in local training activities such as project onboarding.
• Audit bug reports and tasks submitted by trainees during basic tester training when necessary.
• Assign tasks for completion during basic tester training when necessary.
• Provide support in the delivery of basic tester training when necessary.
• Be available to assist and answer questions from participants in basic tester training or other course offerings.
• Assist in the facilitation of any future live, eLearning, or mixed delivery courses.
• Assist in the updating or creation of accompanying course materials.
• During weeks with no live delivery, build capabilities and assist QV in the creation of new educational content and provide updates to current course offerings.
• To be considered for any position at EABR, you must
• Be available to work 9:00 am – 6:00 pm Monday through Friday
• Have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Have strong reading comprehension
• Demonstrate the ability to follow instructions
• Have a keen eye for detail
• Have the ability to work both independently and as a team
• Have excellent time and task management
• Be 18 years of age or older
• 6-12 months experience in the live classroom or presentation environment.
• 6-12 months prior testing or technical role.
• Great interpersonal skills.
• An interest and background in training as part of their previous assignment(s).
• An interest in software testing.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, JIRA/JAAS, and Confluence.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
• Zoom Meeting Presentation proficiency a plus.
• Troubleshooting skills a plus.
WFH equipment requirements:
❏ PC (not Mac) with the specified minimum requirements
❏ CPU: Core 2 Duo or better
❏ GPU: Intel GMA 950 / NVIDIA 6000 series / AMD Radeon X1000 series or better
❏ Memory: 4GB DDR3
❏ Broadband/High-speed Internet
❏ Ability to download and use Zoom Video application
❏ Dual Monitors would be optimal
Pay rate starts at $17.00 per hour. This role is a 12 month assignment through PRO Unlimited.
EA was founded over 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry and the company has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world's best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man and Space Invaders to modern EA favorites like Dragon Age, Madden, FIFA, Battlefield, Titanfall, Need for Speed, and the world's most successful franchise, The Sims. Fueled by our talented staff at locations right across the globe, we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
This is a 12 month assignment position.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.