EA is a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software for personal computers, mobile devices, handheld game players, and advanced entertainment systems. EA's brands include the Battlefield game franchise, Need for Speed game franchise, The Sims game franchise, along with many EA SPORTS game franchises.
EA is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Trademark Specialist to work in EA's Legal Department in Redwood Shores, California, under the supervision of the Trademark Counsel and to provide support to our product, marketing, and business teams on trademark clearance, registration, and enforcement matters.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, self-starter, who is inquisitive and has a passion for video games and technology.
• Conduct preliminary US and international screening searches using Corsearch and the Internet; analyze screening and search results and draft summaries and recommendations for counsel.
• Manage EA's worldwide trademark portfolio, including all records relating to domestic and international trademark matters; manage docket to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Prepare and electronically file U.S. trademark applications and other trademark prosecution documents, including amendments, renewals, and assignments.
• Correspond with and instruct outside US and foreign counsel regarding foreign trademark applications, registrations, and disputes.
• Review watch notices and draft letters to applicants of conflicting or infringing marks.
• Gather evidence to support trademark proceedings and litigation such as appeals, oppositions, and cancellation proceedings.
• Conduct legal research or other research projects as needed.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor's or AA Degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Paralegal certificate from ABA-approved program a plus.
• At least 3 years trademark experience at in-house legal department or law firm.
• Strong research skills using on-line tools including the USPTO website, WebTMS, international databases, and Corsearch.
• Familiarity with the laws and rules that govern trademarks in the US and internationally.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and project management skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced legal department.
• Experience with video games a plus.