Montreal, QC CA
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide- Australia, Bangalore- India and Montreal- Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film's culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candor, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realizing industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.
We are looking for a Modelling Artist (Hard Surface and Character) specialist with talent and experience in the modelling / sculpting of realistic characters / creatures. Ideally you will also be able to demonstrate some additional experience around CG character / creature development (look dev / groom / rigging / CFX) and high-end CG production (lighting / rendering) but most importantly you will be able to model and sculpt highly detailed and photorealistic characters / creatures.
• Modelling and sculpting characters / creatures and more to high level of detail
• Performing more generalist character / creature and 3D work when required
• A full working knowledge of modeling in Maya is required
• Ability to deliver a model with clean topology and strong UV layout skills for texturing
• Ability to work with Z-brush and/or Mudbox
• Experience texturing in Mari and/or Substance required
• Solid understanding of the visual effects production pipelines
• Good communication skills to enable you to work well in a team and take direction from clients, directors etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
• Ability to lead a team is a bonus
• Experience with Python scripting a plus
• 3+ years of experience Modeling for Feature Films is required.