Tulsa, OK US
KTUL are seeking an detail oriented, aggressive, energetic, and creative full-time News Assignment Editor!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Gathering news affecting the community
• Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
• Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 1year of assignment desk experience preferred
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
• Solid news judgement
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multitaks and manage time in order to put together relevant news and information accross all digital platforms
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
• General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
• Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media
A Bachelor's degree with a major in journalism is also preferred. This position is full-time and will require working a flexible schedule that includes nights and holidays.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site