Web Software Engineer
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're innovators and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers, it's about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with great minds and dare to dream big. Do you want to come with us? Together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
The Challenge Ahead:
Reporting to the Engineering Management you will be part of the Technichal Product Managers team in charge of two different areas, create and execute the technichal strategy of the franchises assigned and coordinate the definition and development of the localization toolset .
As TPM you will be the main technichal point of contact for the porfolios assigned, representing worldwide EA Localization in front of other teams and handling potential risks or conflicts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Capture and understand business and technical needs of the portfolio assigned.
• Document features identified during conversations with partners
• Create technical strategy plans to move and integrate the franchises assigned into the localization toolset.
• Influence Studios to implement technical localization best practices across all titles
• Define and carry out return on investments and cost-benefit analysis to justify needs, investments and fundings.
• Act as an effective reporting and coordination link between Engineering teams, Studios, EA Loc teams and high management layers.
• Act as an effective reporting and coordination link between EA projects and the localization toolset. Actively participate in the on going prioritization of the bussines needs as per project needs and schedules.
• Track, predict and report:
• schedule and cost deviation, report them and propose actions for an appropiate mitigation, correction or compromises. Redo cost analysis and schedule accordingly.
• issues and risks (i.e.: quality degradation), report them and propose actions for appropiate mitigation, correction or compromises.
• Actively participate in postmortem processes and collection of partners feedback to measure satisfaction and distill future improvements and solutions needed
• Ensure new features & user stories are aligned with the product vision.
• Build consensus of the business requests to maximize the development efforts.
• Follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints
• Work with QA lead and architect to control quality, stability and performance of the product.
Skills and Knowledge Required
• Technical background. University Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent educational or working background.
• Excellent Conflict Management skills
• Excellent Project Management, Bussiness Analysis and CRM skills.
• Excellent knowledge in the foundations of Software Engineering and Develoment Life Cycle.
• Very good fluency in English (written and spoken)
• 6+ years of professional experience in start to end Project Management (from conception to implementation, deployment and mantainance)
• Professional experience in Business Analysis and Requirement Analysis.
• Experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, ...) and Agile Project Management.
• Experience in technological project negotiation and sales.
• Experience working in a multi-site and multi-cultural team.
• Experience in Infrastructure or systems deployment.
• Technical experience in localisation projects or similar experience in the entertainment industry.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site