New York, NY US
Vice President, Human Resources (Technology)
This role provides strategic HR Business Partner leadership for our Global Media Operations (GMO) Technology organization. The GMO team owns the critical technology support for our content production, as well as the linear and non-linear on-demand media supply chain for all channels, which includes production, facilities, media processing, operations, infrastructure and distribution. It has offices globally, including the Ed Sullivan Theater and the production lot at Studio Center, CA.
Are you looking to leverage your transformational business partner expertise supporting one of our most dynamic and engaging technology areas across ViacomCBS. We have the perfect Human Resources leadership role for you!
Working closely with the Executive Vice President for Global Media Operations (GMO), the Vice President, Human Resources will provide a blend of strategic and consultative HR support to develop, engage, and retain talent. This position will be a key member of the HR and GMO leadership team and work closely with their internal counterparts for successful planning and delivery of HR programs and services to the business.
We are seeking an accomplished Vice President, Human Resources to support our Global Media Operations Group based in New York. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources for Technology. You will have global partnership responsibilities accounting for an employee population of over 1200 employees. This global HR role will have the unique opportunity to partner with the business as we transform ViacomCBS into a modern, virtualized media company and cement our position as a leader in the industry.
Your day to day:
• Participate as a member of the GMO leadership team, provide consulting expertise and apply best practices on issues including, but not limited to organizational design, performance management, leadership development and coaching, succession planning, talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, HR operations (including compensation, HRIS and benefits), and employee relations
• Work closely and operate with our union members and CBA agreements to achieve a successful partnerships that ensures continuity and delivers on business objectives
• Lead a diverse team of HR Business Partners. Coach and develop your HR team by providing insights and feedback around performance and growth opportunities, while also rolling up your sleeves to get the job done
• Maintain a positive and productive work environment through effective employee relations practices. Consult with in-house legal counsel as appropriate in order to optimally manage employee/labor relations, contain problems, conduct investigations and address issues with employees
• Translate business priorities into actionable short and long-term staffing plans while partnering with Talent Acquisition to recruit, select, hire, and develop top talent
• Work collaboratively as a member of the HR team and continually innovate by improving HR processes, tweaking existing programs, or introducing new initiatives to drive the right business outcomes
• Administer corporate wide initiatives designed to assess and recognize performance through bonus, stock, merit, employee reviews and other types of programs
• Organization Transformation - Work with leadership to understand their organization and people needs, build effective HR strategies to support those needs and execute on plans with actions that tie back to the team's goals and overall ViacomCBS Tech objectives
• Partner with our Global HR & local management teams in Warsaw, Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles, and the United Kingdom to manage transformational goals, compensation and employee programs
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Minimum of 12 years of progressive Human Resources experience including a solid foundation in labor relations and strategic business partnerships. Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) required. Master's degree in HR preferred. PHR or SPHR certification a plus
• Minimum 5 years in a leadership role, leading a team of direct reports
• Must possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships and influence with business leaders
• Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully in a fast-paced, multi-tasking and dynamic organization
• Detail and goal-oriented with a passion for excellence and have the flexibility to deal with multiple and changing priorities while focused on delivering great customer service and quality
• Resilience to manage a heavy workload from time to time
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present your point of view in varied business situations
• Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment and labor laws, employee relations, management and leadership development, performance management, organizational design, recruitment and compensation philosophies
• Willingness and ability to regularly travel to regional technology operations and satellite offices
• Ideal candidate has technology or broadcast media experience
You might also have -
• Continuous Improvement/agility oriented mindset
• Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise
• Ability to create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site