Toronto, ON CA
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore and Los Angeles, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
• 3D Modeling and Texturing for feature films, using a wide range of reference material,
• Working alongside the shader TDs and riggers to generate organic or rigid object models that are suitable for feature film work,
• Creating textures and photoreal lookdev for CG Assets,
• Working closely with CG Supervisors to determine the best approach to solve 3D challenges to develop a final look.
• Strong spatial awareness and a good sense of form, scale and proportion, and a keen eye for detail,
• A full working knowledge of modeling in Maya is required,
• Ability to deliver a model with clean topology and strong UV layout skills for texturing,
• Ability to work with Z-brush and/or Mudbox
• Experience texturing in Mari and/or Substance required,
• Knowledge of Houdini would be an advantage,
• Experience with Renderman, Redshift, and/or Mantra a plus,
• Experience with Lighting for photoreal CG is a plus,
• Experience with Python scripting a plus,
• 3+ years of experience Modeling for Feature Films is required.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site