Software Engineer II - C#
Join us for an opportunity to work with the EAX Quality Engineering and Solutions team as a Software Engineer as part of the Quality Verification team in Galway. You will work with some of the most up-to-date technologies on the market.
Your focus will be in quality and design through the development of tools and automation. You will write code to test EA games and content using automation frameworks, create and improve our test automation environment, and identify test coverage gaps.
You will report to an engineering manager and be part of a agile development team, taking part in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives and backlog grooming.
We are looking for a personality type that is, dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network across many groups and individuals in both the development and quality verification.
Join a team where you improve our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer!
• 1+ years of professional experience working with MongoDB (SQL) and reporting/visualizing datasets.
• Experienced with .Net Core and building RESTful APIs
• A solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, test-driven development, CI/CD processes, and data structures.
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing Life Cycle
• Experience using or building software testing frameworks.
• Experience with common development tools such as:
• Git, Visual Studio Code, JIRA
• Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education and work experience.
• Experience with data transformation techniques and data analysis
• Visual scripting languages and Behavior-driven Development practices.
• Experience working with React and unit testing is a big plus
• Experience with C++, Web Servers, GraphQL, Firewalls, SSL
• Experience with integration and deployment pipelines
• Experience mentoring more junior team members
• Knowledge of test-driven development
• Proactively monitor of data-structures to optimize performance.
• Data analysis using tools for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methodology.
Scope and Influence:
• Work with development and quality verification teams in an Agile Scrum environment to design reliable tools, tests, and platforms
• Oversee and maintain automation frameworks and tools used across studios
• Design new tools to support development and quality verification goals
• Coordination with offsite and onsite teams on delivering test automation results, from implementation to execution
• Provide new tools to support development and quality verification goals
• Maintain test libraries and scripts and device testing hardware
• Understand quality standards through knowledge sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community
• Advocate for quality and keep the development team accountable.
• Write and present our plans by delivering the right message to our partners.
• Document all new procedures, workflows, approaches, and goals.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. applicable law.