Sinclair Broadcast Group
We are looking for a dynamic full-time Breaking News Reporter for a Washington, D.C.-based national newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The position requires strong skills in journalism and leadership. We are seeking a dynamic personality to cover stories around the country for a national newscast. Essential skills include the ability to conduct interviews with newsmakers and ad-lib during breaking news.
Our reporters participate in the planning of our shows and produce content regularly. A passion for winning morning news is mandatory! Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role!
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Energy and positivity
• Ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
• Ability to seek and find breaking news
• Expertise in producing breaking news content for audiences on multiple platforms
• Must be a team leader that works well with others
• A self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas daily
• Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
• Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
• Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
• Conduct interviews when required via, phone, email, Skype, or other methods
• Participate in regular content planning meetings
• Post content on assigned digital platforms daily
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
• At least five (5) years of reporting experience is required
• Considerable live shot experience is preferred
• Proven social media engagement is necessary
This is not an entry-level position. If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online and include a link to your latest work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!