Senior Game Designer
Redwood City, CA US
Challenge Operations Manager, The Sims Competitive Entertainment
This is an 8 month contract role with opportunity for extension
EA just announced The Sims Spark'd, a first-of-its-kind gaming reality competition show and in-game Challenges program! We're looking for an amazing individual with deep knowledge of The Sims to join The Sims Competitive Gaming Entertainment team as a Challenge Operations Manager and work on this exciting new endeavor. The right candidate could come from anywhere, so long as you have a passion for The Sims and are ready to get creative, coming up with new Challenges and reviewing community creations.
The Sims franchise is one of the most beloved games in history with more than 200 million copies sold around the world. The Sims Community is one of the most inclusive, diverse, creative groups of players in the industry. This a unique opportunity to take your love of The Sims and turn it into a dream job.
• Drive large-scale Challenge events on a global scale.You must be comfortable managing and reviewing large volumes of content submissions - and engaging directly with the Sims Community around those initiatives.
• Create new Challenges for the in-game program and reality competition show working in Challenge Operations, which is made up of longtime Sims players/influencers who joined the Sims Competitive Entertainment team.
• Partner closely with Maxis developers, Marketing teams, Customer Experience, and International Community leads.
• Collaborate and share with EA Community Managers on best practices, standards, and innovations.
• Build close relationships with Sims influencers, fans and players, in partnership with EA Community Managers, to learn from the community how we can improve Challenges over time.
• Maintain a positive reputation at work and within the community
• Deep experience with The Sims 4 strongly preferred. If not a longtime Sims player, must be excited to immerse yourself in the game and its community to be able to as quickly as possible operate with fluency and authority.
• Experience: 5 years of experience working in online community, social media, journalism, online marketing, content creation, or equivalent
• Proficient writing, grammar, and content-creation abilities.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
• Imaginative thinker with the ability to present new ideas effectively, to wide audiences
• Conscientious and highly motivated team player
• Adaptable and able to handle multiple tasks and priorities
• Motivated to learn new things about players and driven to improve their experience
• Live Service or Operations experience also a plus.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site