Shanghai, CN CN
Reports to: Rigging Director
Location: Shanghai, China
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, through collaboration, culture and craft.
The Rigging team creates systems to support character and vehicle animation by developing body and facial rigging systems, animation interfaces and by supporting animators with technical setup and production.
EA Shanghai is looking for an experienced Rigger to join our team! EA Shanghai is a highly engaged content creation team within EA Worldwide Studios. We are and focused on high-end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Working with our game team partners worldwide, we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences and industry-leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous, and we take chances.
You will be an liaison between artists and software engineers to develop solutions for assets, tools, and workflows to attain the desired visual result. As a contributor, understanding real-time computation and biomechanics relates to human anatomy and is a must for creating believable skin deformation and control systems. You will work as part of a team and coordinate with Rigging supervisors, lead artists, and art directors to create content for game teams.
• Create ''animator-friendly'' and re-usable rigs.
• Develop rigging pipeline tools and refine pipelines for the animation production process, including batching, automation and the integration of keyframe, mocap, procedural, and run-time dynamic animation.
• Look for inefficiencies and problems in existing rigging/animation processes and potential problems.
• Help track efficiency of asset pipeline and processes throughout the life of the project, improving and enhancing them where necessary.
• Troubleshoot asset pipelines and processes in use.
• Work with other disciplines to ensure the quality of the characters and animation for the project.
• Create documents outlining character and animation needs, including in-game animation, integration, and runtime simulation.
• Check assets (rigs and animations) for technical integrity before integrating them into the game.
• Troubleshoot technical issues inherent in maintaining a clean file structure and pipelines for both in-house and 3rd party software.
• Work with Animators to provide and modify rigs, weighting and control functionality to meet the animator's requirements.
• Follow materials/anatomy and animation principles is emphasized, as is patience and a willingness to experiment!
• Use deformers to achieve a specific deformation called for by Animation with a concise set of animation controls.
• Solid scripting knowledge for tools and rig generation, python experience.
• Technical skills of production pipeline
• Rigging, weighting and simulation experience
• An understanding of the principles of animation
• Knowledge of the human anatomy, form and weight
• Experience rigging different characters and creatures, both biped and quadruped
• Expertise in Maya and Motionbuilder
• Familiarity with keyframe animation best practices and FACS
• Meet project requirements
• Two years+ for animation in games or related field
• Basic English email reading and writing skills