Contract Coordinator, Original Animation, Business & Legal Affairs
Los Angeles, CA
Legal Counsel, Commercial (Technology Transactions)
EA is looking for a motivated, skilled, practical, and well-rounded Legal Counsel to serve as the legal partner supporting technology transactions for multiple business groups within EA including, (i) the core services and technology group that provides common capabilities across existing and emerging gaming platforms, information technology, EA's security team, and PC hardware partnerships (ii) the worldwide customer experience group, which provides 24-7 support to EA's customers, and (iii) EA's external development team. This position will also support cross-game and franchise technology licenses and provide backup support for other technology transactions as needed. This position can be based remotely or in one our offices locations.
• Draft and negotiate a wide range of complex domestic and international technology agreements, including inbound and outbound software licenses, SaaS agreements, complex professional services agreements, data protection agreements, and content development agreements.
• Work with legal colleagues to develop and maintain policies, contract templates, training, and guidelines to ensure legal compliance and operational efficiency.
• Provide legal advice on a wide range of legal matters in the areas of technology development, licensing, and customer service.
• Develop creative solutions to support business needs and objectives while mitigating risk.
Required skills and experience:
• B.A/B.S., J.D. degrees and State Bar membership with 5+ years of experience with a law firm providing services for technology clients, relevant in-house experience with companies in the technology industry, or both.
• Significant knowledge and experience with the negotiation and preparation of a wide range of sophisticated commercial and technology agreements.
• Experience with data protection and data security agreements.
• Ability to work with cross-functional business and legal teams.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to establish strong working relationships with business owners.
• Ability to work independently to manage entire contract process from initial contact, negotiation, execution.
• Ability to handle a high volume of work with minimal supervision, with the ability to multi-task, assess business and legal risk in a focused and efficient manner, and prioritize workload efficiently and effectively.
• As part of our hiring process, we may ask candidates to answer written questionnaires, demonstrate the ability to spot relevant issues, or provide writing samples.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site