Senior Service Reliability Engineer, Products
Job Title:Senior Cloud Engineer
Want to be responsible for the gaming experience of millions of players? How about building the infrastructure that supports players from around the world?
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
Our services impact almost half a billion players, we solve big company challenges with a small company feel.
As Demonware's Cloud Engineering team we have a major focus on a large-scale migration to Google Cloud Platform, in addition to supporting our existing datacenter-based infrastructure. We provide build services, VM and Linux container provisioning, and other base services such as DNS, LDAP, secrets management and more to other Demonware engineering teams.
Our goal is to provide all our services and technologies to internal customers in a secure, scalable and repeatable way.
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer to join the team in our Vancouver location.
If you're excited about working with technologies for low-latency, large scale systems in a collaborative environment then we'd love to hear from you!
You will be instrumental in setting technical direction and best practices for our current and future needs.
You will play a key role in creating best practices and guidelines for migrating diverse workloads to Google Cloud Platform and ensuring they are set up securely and efficiently.
You will improve efficiency in our private cloud services and ensure that we evolve our technologies to meet the current and future demands for both us and our internal customers.
You will drive us towards infrastructure as code using frameworks such as Ansible and Terraform.
Day to Day:
• Drive key platform and infrastructure projects involving multiple teams
• Troubleshoot and debug, often in collaboration with other teams
• Collaborate with other engineers in design and code reviews
• Provide services and support for virtualized and containerized workloads to other teams in Demonware
• Manage key internal services such as Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory, Vault, DNS, and OpenLDAP
• Develop best practices and tooling for GCP usage across the organization
• Act as an escalation point for systems and services owned by the team
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, 25 days of vacation and 3 bonus days in December, RRSP matching and contributions and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents.
To read more: https://demonware.net/careers
• 7+ years practical infrastructure experience, preferably in high-volume and/or critical production service environments
• Experience with compute and network hardware and architecture
• Scripting skills: Unix shell scripting and at least one of Python or Golang
• Experience of running services in KubernetesFirm grasp of Linux administration and core operating system concepts
• A desire to automate all the things
• Tenacity for debugging and solving technology problems down to their root cause
• Proven experience with architecting and provisioning services using public cloud services GCP (preferred) or AWS
• Experience managing infrastructure using Terraform
• Knowledge of hardware and operating system abstraction technologies: virtualization (preferably KVM), Linux containers (LXC/LXD) and containers (Kubernetes)
• Familiarity with infrastructure services, e.g. DNS, HashiCorp suite and Jenkins
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site