Production Assistant, The Beat With Ari Melber
New York, NY
We are looking for a smart, proactive, and organized individual to provide administrative and editorial support to Dana Perino, host of ''The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino'' and co-host of ''The Five.''
As the Production Assistant/Researcher, you are fluent in the White House, Capitol Hill, elections, and all things politics. You should have innate curiosity, coupled with a desire to go deeper on political and policy issues of the day. You should be proficient in social media, and ready to suggest and create content for The Daily Briefing's social media platforms. You will coordinate all the logistics of Dana's schedule and travel. We will rely on you to be a team player who can work independently, exercise sound judgment, and take initiative. Sensitivity to confidential matters is critical to this role. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a desire to work and learn about the news business.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with research for Dana's on-air appearances including her shows, guest appearances, and podcast
• Develop and pitch story ideas to Dana and senior show staff
• Create content and drive audiences to The Daily Briefing social media platforms
• Manage an active calendar of appointments and coordinate travel arrangements
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A strong interest in politics and current events
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Desire to pursue excellence in a fast-paced high pressure environment
• Overall professionalism including a business-like attitude, attire, cheerful disposition, and strong work ethic
• Ability to handle confidential information and interact with high-level executives
• Skilled at critical thinking and self-motivating
• Positive ''Can Do'' attitude
• Bachelor's degree and 1 year of broadcast experience preferred
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.