Compliance Programs Manager
San Mateo, CA
DE&I Portfolio & Project Specialist
PlayStation is putting our DE&I Initiatives into action, and we are looking for our next passionate team member.
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Portfolio & Project Specialist will report to the Head of DE&I and provide portfolio and project management in support of Sony Interactive Entertainment's (SIE) global DE&I initiatives. This position is accountable for ensuring DE&I projects run efficiently by providing leadership and oversight for planning, executing, and evaluating projects according to timelines and budgets and working with project leads and with cross-functional partners to ensure quality control throughout project life cycles.
You will be responsible for owning the detailed tasks and breakthroughs identified for each project/initiative, while providing an overall portfolio view of progress. In addition to trafficking and reporting, you will provide daily and weekly communications of project / initiative progress, any risks or issues and partner updates as agreed-upon with the DE&I project leads.
The DE&I Portfolio & Project Specialist will be expected to have strong skills in the areas of: portfolio and project management, interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), collaboration, problem solving, and analytical.
The DE&I Portfolio & Project Specialist will focus on the following:
Portfolio Management (20%)
• Provide dedicated portfolio management to include overall oversight of multiple global initiatives with emphasis on partner and executive communications, including dashboard of project initiative progress and results.
• Lead partner communications across all projects and initiatives.
• Analysis and management of risks and roadblocks, dashboard development, etc.
Project Management (50%)
• Plan, organize, and assess projects using DE&I project leads to deliver defined requirements, and meet crucial communication and organizational objectives.
• Work with the project lead to develop project plans, including project life cycles, project requirements, resource requirements, organizational change processes, risk management, key achievements, communication mechanisms, and results.
• Ensure previous projects' lessons learned and applicable benchmark data is incorporated into the project execution plan.
• Build and maintain the project schedule.
• Work with the project lead, determine how results will be measured, and complete a post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved.
• Ensure the management and communications of project elements, including weekly project communications, detailed task management, definition of project phases and landmarks, workflow trafficking, defining and managing of deadlines, risks, and dependencies.
• Provide calendar creation and management, working within SIE's workflow and project management tools, daily huddles and weekly standing meetings, as well as outreach to and management of key initiative partners and collaborating departments and teams (such as regional DE&I partners, eNet leaders, etc.) as part of the project management process.
Reporting, Tracking and Communication (20%)
• Track and report on project breakthroughs and provide status reports.
• Maintain detailed project documentation including meeting minutes, action items, issues list and risk management plans.
• Coordinate cross-functional meetings with various functional areas to meet overall partner expectations and company objectives.
• Continuously identify & implement process changes & improvements and planning methodologies to improve performance across projects.
• Provide administrative support for the project, including data entry, data management and other items as needed to move the project forward.
• Data entry and management in project management software.
• Maintain a repository for DE&I assets.
• Meet with individual team leads, as needed, to discuss the project(s) and deliverable(s).
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or Communications or relevant work experience
• Certification recognized by Project Management Institute
• 5 years of experience in similar roles
• Familiarity with project management tools and/or software packages.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
• You thrive in a collaborative work space.
• Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
• Ability to work independently, perform multiple tasks, complete tasks on schedule and respond to deadlines, and interact effectively with people inside and outside the organization.
• Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
• Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that demonstrates and celebrates diversity.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.