Build and Release Engineer, Customer Success -- EAX
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important programs for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These programs include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA's gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Build & Release Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting project teams in releasing games onto our internal PC platform Origin, which means maintaining, operating, and improving the build and test pipeline, always with an eye on delivery and consistency. As part of the broader Customer Success Team, you will be an important contributor to the EAX team based in Redwood Shores.
You're someone who can:
• Develop and improve build and test infrastructures in partnership with development, production, and QA teams to release high-quality software.
• Experience supporting development teams in managing the continuous deployment pipelines.
• Be a hands-on strategist. You use your experience to make improvements and design a scalable future.
• Be collaborative by applying the teams' strengths to support the common goal.
• Be adaptable. You're comfortable dealing with change and can find creative solutions to unique challenges.
• You've demonstrated the ability to partner and engage with technical and non-technical team members.
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• 3+ years of Configuration Management and Engineering for web applications, supporting an Agile development process.
• Highly familiar with operation and maintenance of continuous deployment environments.
• Experience with Perforce or similar source code control system.
• Experience using C#, Python, Lua, or other scripting languages.
• Experience with continuous Integration/continuous delivery tooling, such as Bamboo or Jenkins.
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment best practices.
• Knowledge of proprietary game engines such as Unreal Engine or Unity
• Has experience with issue tracking tools such as Jira.
• Has experience with training and technical documentation of process and technology.
• Knowledge of platform certification processes.
• Enthusiasm for gaming desired; ability to stay on the forefront of industry trends a big plus.
In a typical week, the Build and Release Engineer could…
• Provide technical guidance and expertise to project teams in the development and release of new platform capabilities.
• Provide technical support and evaluation of new games being on-boarded to the platform.
• Lead debugging efforts for customer-facing application issues as the resident expert.
• Improve the efficiency of the build and test pipeline.
• Work on technologies that are leading the game subscription space.
You will work with…
• Other members of the organization to roll out scalable and repeatable processes and technologies to provide a reliable pipeline for releasing games to our players.
• Teams from game studios and central technology teams to ensure compliance with product guidelines and platform capabilities.