Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA US
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
You are into audio, into game audio, and into implementation. You have an ear for great, and you want great to be the games you make. And you collaborate well with composers and audio designers: they make the stuff, you make it sing.
You are talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? Give us a shout!
• Design and implement systems and tools for the audio team's needs (such as occlusion, streaming, performance, and so on).
• Collaborate with audio designers in their use of these systems and tools.
• Support and extend audio workflows and pipelines.
• Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
• Profile and optimize code to remove bottlenecks.
• Test and document code produced.
• B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Minimum five years professional programming experience.
• Understand audio-specific terminology and technology.
• Expertise in C and C++.
• Strong generalist with solid code architecture skills.
• Proficient in linear algebra.
• Enthusiasm and initiative.
• Excellent spoken and written communication.
• Able and motivated to work with other team members.
• Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site