Pasadena, CA US
Rendering Engineer - Skate
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do.
Nowhere is this more evident than with our Skate franchise where we're bringing a contemporary Skate experience to our new and future fans.
Now that we can tell you what we're up to, Deran and Cuz would like to invite you to apply to our positions if this is the game and team that are right for you:
We started something special back in 2007, it's time to think big and see where we can take it. We're looking for people that want to join the family and harness the boundless potential of skating, gaming, and community to create something that respects Skate's legacy while pushing us into a fun filled future. Simply put, if you're interested in building an amazing place to skate…and have fun…let us know
We are looking for a talented and experienced Rendering Software Engineer to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development working on GPU architecture, deferred lighting, global illumination, shadows, anti-aliasing, etc. You will work with content creators to implement features, tools, and debugging workflows.
• Work with Artists to collaborate on bringing the vision of the Art Director to life.
• Work with a Lead Rendering SE to create cutting-edge rendering technologies.
• Profile and optimize GPU performance on consoles & PC.
• Support Artists & Technical Artists using tools and workflows with debugging tools, documentation & usability.
Required Technical Skills & Experience
• 5+ years of experience working on AAA products in a related role with multiple shipped titles.
• Experience on current consoles - PS4, Xbox One and PC with other platform experience a bonus.
• Proficient with modern rendering techniques such as Photogrammetry, PBR, Compute Shaders.
• Experience with a large data-driven engine, such as a commercial engine or a large internal one.
• Strong expertise with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Strong mathematics skills especially with Linear Algebra & Calculus.
• Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles.
• Strong ability to work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion.
• Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug.
• In-depth understanding of performance bottlenecks of rendering features.
• Experience with a variety of performance analysis tools such as PIX, GPAD, etc.
• Experience working with off-site developed technology and driving collaboration process.
• Experience with C# for tool development.
• Experience working with Technical Artists as partners in feature production.
• Experience with Agile methodologies for software development.
• Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects and tasks.
• Team-first mentality. No ego, just a commitment to get the best quality into the game.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site