Sr. Business Analyst
Austin, TX US
Taxonomy Specialist, EA Customer Experience
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We're looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
You're a Taxonomy Specialist.
This role is part of EA's Customer Experience organization. The Customer Experience strives to make EA known for taking care of its players. We're players taking care of players and people talking to people – whenever, wherever, and however they need us.
As a Taxonomy Specialist you work with multiple teams across Customer Experience organization.
You understand the value of labeled training data and its' impact in the development of high quality machine learning models that support our vision of Inspiring the World to Play.
You love structure and consistency, you're a data-focused project manager who is passionate about games and Customer Experiences.
We're the Taxonomy team, part of the larger Customer Experience Insights team.
We are taxonomy and ontology advocates in Customer Experience organization. We introduce and manage Taxonomy Governance, work closely with EA-wide taxonomists and ontologists to build one robust EA Knowledge Graph. We provide input on content structure and tagging and consult on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and enterprise search efficiencies. We are constant learners and are passionate about enabling our players to resolve their issues effortlessly and helping players and advisors to quickly find relevant information.
A typical day in the life of a Taxonomy Specialist includes but is not limited to:
• Your day will consist of performing taxonomy management and data labeling coordination tasks
• You will begin with reviewing Taxonomy tickets assigned to you, plan for the upcoming week and document your work in JaaS
• Check on active labeling jobs and see if new data is needed for our Contributors (Labelers)
• Sync with Data Science on any new or updated labeling needs for models
• Initiate and check-in with the Contributors to answer any labeling job-related questions
• Work on the latest edits to a deck that describes to the business the importance of labeled data
• Seek to learn and develop in the world of Taxonomy and driving impact within WWCE
So how does a Taxonomy Specialist make great experiences for players? They:
• Work with Taxonomy and Data Science on the identification of gaps and building processes for generating labels for supervised machine learning models
• Contribute to the integration of Customer Experience taxonomies with the EA master taxonomy and ontology
• Collect Contributor feedback to improve future labeling job creation
• Coordinate, onboard and provide training to Contributors on labeling software and on how to create efficient and high-quality training data labels
• Maximize relationships and coordinate amount of resources needed for a given labeling job and coordinate with Call Center Managers to secure Contributor time based on past experience
• Build and help manage controlled vocabularies and taxonomies based on industry and company standards
• Maintain synonyms and stop words lists
• Drive efficiencies and best practices in data labeling and taxonomy management
• Able to effectively interact with different departments and levels by being respectful, positive and approachable
• Accountable for decisions, actions and results
• Strong time management; can be counted on to complete assignments without close supervision
• Proven track record of identifying ways to improve work processes, tools or procedures for improved results
If you're interested in this role, you'll need these skills or experiences:
• 1+ year of experience with data modeling, taxonomies and coordinating Machine Learning (ML) labeling activities
• 2+ years in gaming industry and customer support experience is required
• 1+ year experience with Figure Eight or similar labeling tool is required
• Familiarity with foundations of taxonomy creation is a plus
• Passionate about professional growth in the areas of Knowledge Graphs and data modeling
• Familiarity with any BI tools and Tableau a plus
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.