Video On Demand Coordinator
London, EN GB
Director, Theatrical Dubbing
This newly-created role will facilitate foreign language localization (primarily dubbing, but also some overview of subtitling, graphics and censorship) activity to service primarily the Theatrical market but also the repurposing of theatrically-created localized assets for use in Airlines, Home Entertainment, Television, Network and Online markets. Reporting to the VP and Head of Localization for the Content, Mastering & Delivery Group, the role supports global management in the continual development of policies, procedures, workflows and performance standards to maintain the timely delivery of the highest quality localized elements in constantly-changing production schedules. Established production workflows and technical specifications must be adhered to, while researching and developing new technologies and systems to enable the group to maintain its position at the forefront of the globally-interconnected localization world. A major part of the role will be to engage with both internal stakeholders (Line Of Business heads, post-production supervisors, dubbing managers & supervisors) and external stakeholders (vendors, industry bodies) to represent the group throughout the company and wider industry. The role will have a team of two reporting to it but will have company touch-points far beyond that, particularly with the Los Angeles office.
STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT – 50%
• Represent the group internally and externally.
• Establish and maintain relationships with key LOB stakeholders.
• Maintain critical relationship with LA-based colleagues.
• Maintain critical relationship with London-based DCP mastering team.
• Engage territory supervisors in new system developments.
• Build, establish and maintain relationships with localization vendors.
• Maintain existing relationship with international dubbing studios.
• Maintain existing relationship with London-based centralized mixing studios.
• Maintain and build relationship with dubbing supervisors.
• Maintain and build relationship with territory office-based dubbing managers.
• Liaise with Digital Cinema Mastering team regarding requirements and timelines.
• Liaise and build relationship with LA-based Procurement Team regarding vendor management.
• Liaise with InfoSec to ensure security of processes and assets.
DUBBING – 30%
• Liaise with OV Post-Production and LA-based CMDG team to acquire post schedules.
• Liaise with OV work material team.
• Manage dubbing, projects with individual territory, global, and London-based dubbing and mixing vendors.
• Liaise with territory supervisors regarding dubbed version requirements and deadlines.
• Supervise Music & Effects track mixes by creating ProTools roadmap and working with OV mix team.
• Maintain, update and distribute theatrical audio delivery specifications.
• Be primary point of contact for new audio format workflow management (Imax-E, Xperi, DTS-X etc)
OTHER LOCALIZATION – 10%
• Liaise with OV work material team.
• Liaise with territory supervisors regarding localized requirements and deadlines.
OTHER – 10%
• Approve group purchase orders.
• Manage team.
• Dubbing for Theatrical, Home Entertainment, Television and VOD platforms.
• Key International dubbing personnel an essential requirement. Successful applicant will have an existing network of international technical, creative and operational dubbing contacts.
• Extensive experience working in the dubbing industry.
• Legacy, current and future dubbing technology an essential requirement.
• Post-production for picture and audio.
• Picture and audio formats.
• Digital file transfer methods.
• Cloud-based workflows.
• A.I. translation tools an essential requirement.
• Security protocols.
• Written and verbal communications.
• Communicating with Original Version feature and episodic audio teams.
• Administrative organisation.
• Microsoft Office suite.
• Specific post production tools (Final Cut, ProTools etc) a definite advantage.
• A second language is an advantage but not essential, if you have additional language capabilities please list this on your CV when submitting.
• Maintain positive relationships with internal/external clients and vendors across different cultures and nationalities.
• Manage and motivate a team.
• Demonstrate adaptability and initiative.
• Make decisions with limited supervisor input.
• Be flexible with communication across timezones.
• Successfully manage deadlines.
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London