Senior Tools Software Engineer - Sports
Orlando, FL US
For this role, we are looking for someone to help build out our networked play development team – whether that be in our online career mode, ultimate team, or core online systems and protocols.
We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, adding amazing new features to an existing and beloved game, and improving existing code.
We are a creative group, so we value collaboration with creative and design. And we highly value the creative problem solving that is often a staple of our industry.
• Collaborates with design to provide feedback and then creates clear and estimable technical designs.
• Delivers tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements.
• Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
• Actively looks for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
• Contributes to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to enable collaborative development efforts.
• Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate good development practices.
• Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
• Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
• Demonstrates problem solving and debugging skills.
• General understanding of networking fundamentals, protocols, client/server topologies, and server infrastructure.
• General understanding of SQL databases, with special consideration to database and query design.
• Advanced understanding of C++.
• Understanding of scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and/or C#.
• Understanding of Java.
• Experience in client/server environments.
• Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site