Technical Director, Gameplay
Redwood City, CA
As a member of the Special Projects in Applied Research and Collaboration Team, you will develop ground-breaking game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with EA's development teams. You will be a part of an organic team solving a variety of technical challenges beginning from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An important priority for this group is to partner with EA's specialized research teams to create meaningful applications relevant to the business.
The SPARC Team is looking for a Technical Design Director to join our team and provide active guidance on workflow development and technical implementation of the EA Studios Gameplay Strategy. The Tech Design Director will partner with the Gameplay TD of the same team and will guide the vision of gameplay workflows in close collaboration with game team partners. You will ensure the requirements of game team designers are met by the holistic gameplay workflow being built by SPARC in partnership with Frostbite.
What the Technical Design Director will do at SPARC
• Work with the Technical Design Directors and Gameplay Tech Directors from EA Studios to agree on a unified gameplay workflows strategy
• Work with the Frostbite Engine Team to inform the requirements of gameplay systems in the engine from an expert user perspective
• Create and work on process for evaluating tools and workflows for the gameplay ecosystem
• Achieve a set of industry best gameplay workflows for EA Studios
• Build a team of gameplay experts to work on the aligned strategy
• Gather requirements from both game and central engineering teams to guide technical designs
• Provide feedback on the direction of the engine workflows for gameplay designers
• You will report into the Gameplay Technical Director in the same team
Who You Are?
• Experience in leadership positions with tech design or design backgrounds, or experience as a technical design director in production of large high-quality game(s)
• Multiple shipped AAA titles
• Experience with technical design principles, design processes, content creation, engines, tools and pipelines
• Work towards mastery of our engine. ''Aims to know how everything works''
• You will have some understanding of code and experience bridging design and engineering practices
• Not responsible for the studio design direction nor the actual design of our games
• You will calibrate and establish good overlap with other senior technical designers or technical design directors within EA Studios
• 8 or more years of games industry experience
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that is powered by creativity.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site