Senior Character Artist
Redwood City, CA
About the job
At Electronic Arts, we exist to inspire the world to play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do. For our team in particular, we also consider optimizing employee experiences so the output equates to great products and happy customers.
You'll help investigate the validity of assumptions from product teams, designers and team members using both quantitative and qualitative research.
Our goal is to help build simpler, more empowering employee experiences that also meet business needs. We work within IT which affords us the opportunity to affect software decisions, digital experiences, technological capabilities and resolving Employee Help friction.
Design thinking is at the heart of what we do. We take an iterative approach to design and try to get it this side of right every time. We're looking for someone willing who is not afraid to present a viewpoint that is based on data plus likes critically thinking about their own research methodologies. You will report to the Research Manager who reports to the Director of Experience Design.
You will focus on 4 areas:
Improve our storytelling abilities to help simplify decision-making and prioritization for product roadmap creation. (communication)
Build partnerships across the company: design, product and business line teams. (strategy)
Mature our research practice in a way that scales for demand for expertise across the pillars. (execution)
Evolve product development to think channel agnostic and focus on meeting the needs of customers. (education)
Note that this is not a game studio design role **
• Set strategic guidelines and scope analytical projects for the team, including leading journey analytics efforts and helping our data team develop our experience data strategy.
• Develop research programming to build better employee and customer experiences related to player, recruiting, employee, and game creation.
• Report out on patterns and trends of employee issues to partners with quantified impact on the business.
• Conduct usability testing for benchmarking current journeys and making optimization recommendations.
• Be an expert at matching research insights and its delivery mechanisms with the priorities and strategic goals product pillars.
• Experience providing voice of customer and employee analytical support.
• Background in using a mixed methods approach to developing research. programming such as 1:1 interviews, journey mapping, usability testing and surveying.
• Familiarity with prototyping and iterative design.
• Expert at survey methodology (e.g. bias correction and sampling), survey programming and data analysis, particularly translating complex questions into efficient and focused inquiries.
• Experience influencing product, engineering and design decisions based on your research insights and through the relationships you've established with your cross-functional partners.
• You are comfortable adapting to rapidly shifting goals/priorities and teams through change.
• Experience (5+ years) - Bachelor's or Graduate degree welcomed.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site