EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. EA SPORTS creates authentic, immersive, and fun experiences that invite a diverse audience of players to create, connect, compete, and self-express through industry-leading sports videogames and live services, including FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA LIVE, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
Interested in joining our team? At EA Madrid - where passion for sports is only matched by the talent on the ground - we are looking for passionate Software Engineers, along with other disciplines, to play an integral part in developing the next installments of our Madden franchise.
The challenge ahead:
The Rendering Software Engineer is a critical part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; working with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
What a Rendering Software Engineer does at EA:
• The Graphics Engineer has a very broad view of the game's rendering codebase, and works daily on implementing features that can involve numerous aspects of the graphics and visual domain.
• Develop and optimize graphic and related rendering systems for the Madden Franchise
• Profile as well as optimization of rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine
• Programme the core rendering tool, feature, and graphical engine components of game engine
• Work with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new rendering and animation features
• Debugs and improve gameplay infrastructure and processes.
• Participate in code reviews.
• Maintain high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
The next great EA Rendering Software Engineer also needs:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• 5+ years C++ programming experience
• Expertise in a few of the following areas: shaders (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX), animation, skinning, lighting, special effects, particle systems, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture
• Strong experience with multithreading and Object Oriented Programming
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
• Strong Debugging skills
• Knowledge of art related tools to include Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush, etc is a plus
• Experience working with data driven systems.
• Understanding of GPU and CPU architectures and optimization thereof
• Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C# is a plus
• Experience with Perforce is a plus
• Console programming experience (specifically dealing with memory and performance in a fixed resources system) is desired.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes outstanding people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that are motivated by creativity and passion. You will also get a benefit package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free video games.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
• Click here if you want to know more about our location
• Please check out our digital magazine for more information about Living in Spain
Don't Just Play It – Create It!