Los Angeles, CA US
Senior Gameplay Designer – DICE LA
DICE LA was founded in 2013 with a mission to create outstanding entertainment, and to do so in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We want to make great games, and be great at making games.
What does that mean to you as a developer?
It means that you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We believe that we are all game makers, and everyone at our studio contributes to the goal of making amazing game experiences, regardless of role or title. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career. We also firmly believe that we are at our best when we have the proper balance between work and life. To support this balance, we nurture a culture that aims to reach the highest productivity without crunch, and by making smart decisions when it comes to how we work and plan. Having a positive, inclusive studio culture is of extreme importance to us.
Our games reflect the means by which they are created. Games that are crafted in an inspiring atmosphere, with creativity, artistry and technology as their backbone, will capture the imagination of gamers around the world.
We are looking for an experienced Gameplay Designer like you, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. You will work on an exciting new project at the studio, and report to the Design Line Manager at DICE's Los Angeles office.
• Create, communicate, and champion designs for core gameplay and combat systems within a large project
• Work closely with animators to implement your designs
• Set priorities and goals together with partners in every department
• Keeping the player in mind, use feedback and telemetry to refine your designs and hone the player experience
• Participate in the critique of your work, and the work of others
• Look for opportunities to learn new skills to benefit your growth, your team, and the studio
• At least two shipped AAA titles as a designer; and multiplayer experience
• 5+ years of experience designing gameplay and melee combat systems for action games, especially building player or AI characters
• Extensive experience tuning and balancing
• Comfortable with technical implementation; using game editors, scripting languages and tools
• Broad taste in games
• Enjoy problem-solving with a creative team
• Value documentation and healthy communication
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is powered by creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a resume.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site