Santa Monica, CA
Treyarch's Associate Level Designers collaborate with the level team to take a game level from level block-out to completion. This specific level design roll will be aesthetic focused. Your keen eye for composition, modular kit pieces and, story telling through asset placement will help raise the bar for our next big release.
What you'll be doing:
• Work with design and art leadership to deliver environments that embody the united vision of the game.
• Detail and polish geometry based on photo reference and concept art.
• Collaborate with the design and art teams
• Playtest and help drive iterative changes while maintaining the aesthetic vision for the level.
• Help call out and resolve performance issues
• Prioritize and self-manage to meet deadlines
• Strong understanding of scene composition and ability to set dress an environment
• Translate concept and Art direction into a believable space
• Manage integration of asset requests while maintaining performance targets
• Experience creating modular kits to help reduce scope of environments
• Collaborate with your environment and design team counterparts to reach department goals
• Keep an eye towards the future and help to anticipate project needs and be proactive in offering solutions.
• Ability to use photo reference and extrapolate detail into a space.
• Work to resolve conflicts between art direction and gameplay when they arise.
• Be a team player and look for opportunities to self-motivate and be a positive force for the studio.
• Experience with the Radiant level editor
• Strong portfolio showcasing surface detailing and storytelling through set dressing
• Demonstrated ability to add micro-detail to a scene but balance this with the holistic view for the player experience.
• Shipped game experience
• Proficient in other industry standard 3d packages. (Unreal, Maya, 3DSMax, Zbrush)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site