Photographer / Editor / Producer
CBS Television Stations
• Edit newscast elements for WCCO's weekend newscasts, primarily during overnight or early morning hours.
• Work closely with show producers, reporters and other editors.
• Edit daily stories under deadline pressure using non-linear editing systems.
• Work with reporters and producers to create stories that are visually appealing and meaningful.
• Maintain assigned equipment in good working order and report equipment problems to supervisor.
• Complete work within newscast deadlines.
• Uphold journalistic, ethical and professional standards consistent with company policies and values.
• Perform other duties, which may be assigned by a newsroom manager.
• Candidate must have the ability to work quickly and efficiently on deadline and under pressure.
• Should be well versed in the operation of news editing systems and newsroom computer systems.
• Must be reliable, and able to learn new technologies for news gathering/editing.
• Must have strong communication skills
• Operating proficiency of non-linear editing on FCPX, Avid, Edius or a similar system
• At least one year experience editing in a medium to major market.
• Must be flexible to working all shifts including overnights and weekends.
• Please include link to resume reel.
• Two-year degree preferred.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site