Orlando, FL US
We Are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. And because of the challenges we face, that's why we must employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
What we're Looking For
The UX Research team is looking for an IT Systems Administrator who is technically experienced and who has an interest in all the latest and greatest gaming hardware and networks. If you are that person, you will work with our User Researchers and Research Operations Team who provide game-changing user research data to all game teams across EA. You need to know your way around all of our supported gaming hardware, from Microsoft and Sony test kits to PC gaming rigs to mobile devices like iPhones and iPads. You will need take ownership of our labs and ensure they are running well.
As a UXR IT Systems Administrator, you will oversee the IT infrastructure powering our research labs around the world. This includes performing architecture assessments, maintaining and automating our systems, moving towards a standards-based environment, and working directly with the game development team to identify and fulfill game requirements. As part of your daily tasks, you'll work with our research, recruiting, and moderator teams to set up sessions and be the main contact for all technical matters.
• Work with the research and game teams on a global scale to configure and organize lab space for playtest/research studies
• Manage the installation of prototypes and game builds ensuring the smooth execution of research studies
• Suggest opportunities to improve lab infrastructure and increase infrastructure reliability by executing optimization opportunities
• Administer the configuration and resource tracking of all testing hardware such as Microsoft's Xbox and Sony's PlayStation test kits
• Have basic System, Storage and Network Administration skills
• Follow guidelines to ensure build and prototype security
• On-call support to complete projects and solve problems
• Provide problem resolution, configuration, and installation of PC hardware and peripherals, including desktop PCs, laptops, and Servers
• Recommend PC hardware and software solutions
• Provide documentation for software instructions and projects
Relevant Experience (2+ years):
• Previous work in a desktop support role
• Experience working with Jira Agile and Atlassian Confluence
• Experience working with several distributions of Linux (we use CentOS).
• Client OS background including Windows, iOS, and Android.
• Experience working in a Microsoft-based environment with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, MDT, etc.
• Understanding of basic network protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, and network hardware.
• Demonstrated Problem-solving skills.
• Customer service experience
• Experience working with and supporting a diverse range of users with computer literacy skills ranging from novice to expert.
• Experience working with PS4/Xbox One test/devkits.
• Experience in programming/scripting languages such as Batch, PowerShell, and python.
• Experience with remote management tools such as Goverlan.
• Video streaming, using tools like OBS Studio.
• Monitor services using tools like Zabbix and Nagios.
• Integrate open-source tools and software.
• VMware/vSphere virtualization platforms.