Render Wrangler / Production Operations Assistant
Toronto, ON CA
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore and Los Angeles, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
Runners are key members of our team who help ensure the smooth running of our Studios as well as providing minor maintenance and other functions. Whether you've just graduated or are looking for a career change - being a Runner is a great place to get started in VFX. If you have a passion for visual effects and are looking for your first opportunity in the industry, then apply today.
Technicolor's film and episodic VFX studios are a keen investor in talent and many of our Runners progress to roles within our company in the Production department - the team that provides the backbone to our VFX Studios in terms of driving through our blockbuster film projects on time and on budget. If an opportunity like this interest and excites you then read on.
The Runner role is a varied, demanding yet rewarding position. You'll get to know every inch of our studio as you'll be constantly on the go, which means you'll get a unique insight into how everything works as well as getting to know a wide cross-section of the staff that make up our Studio team.
Below is a list of tasks that can be performed in the role
• Ensuring kitchens, tea points and communal areas are clean, tidy and fully stocked.
• Setting up breakfast daily for our employees.
• Help with miscellaneous administrative tasks such as scanning, filling, printing, etc.
• Organizing & picking up employees' ''Overtime'' meals (lunch & dinner).
• External deliveries or pickups to nearby facilities and/or stores.
• Delivering external mail & packages.
• Help calculate, receive & disperse food & office supplies inventory.
• Make sure office equipment is up kept (include: coffee machine, printers, fridges, etc.).
• Providing a first-class hospitality service for our client visits.
• Preparing lunch meetings for executives.
• Putting out afternoon & evening snacks for employees.
• Organizing 'Monthlies' (a company monthly event)
• A smart cookie who can work unsupervised and always with a positive and sunny outlook.
• A friendly, quick thinker who is able to use their initiative.
• Someone who is happy to roll up their sleeves up and work hard, juggle multiple tasks and get things done quickly and efficiently.
• A 'doer' who can jump in and fix problems when they arise with a solution approach and a keen willingness to learn.
• A working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software (word, excel).
• Able to work either day or evening shifts and availability for weekend work as required
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Customer service experience would be helpful but not essential.
• Knowledge of visual effects would be good but not essential.
This job application remains open even when we don't have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site