Creative Project Manager, Mobile Marketing
Redwood City, CA
Brand Manager, Maxis HD Live Services Lead, The Sims
Electronics Arts is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Brand with proven achievement in brand strategy, product marketing, and/or live service marketing. Join The Sims team and shape the future of a world-renowned, interactive entertainment brand that has entertained hundreds of millions of people around the globe for more than twenty years.
This position reports to the Brand Director who is seeking a Brand Manager with a passion to build strong brands, proven ability to drive product and live service marketing strategies, and enthusiasm for the interactive entertainment industry. The candidate will understand how to identify and apply consumer insights into brand and product development with emphasis on driving player engagement and satisfying player needs. The candidate will be responsible for creating successful brand and marketing strategies that maintain our lead positioning within the marketplace, strengthen player relationships, and enable business success for one of EA's strongest Live Services.
As the Live Services Lead for Maxis, the applicant will be a strategic thinker with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams and understand EA's tools and technology that can accelerate the success of The Sims franchise through optimized targeted offers and prepare Maxis for the future.
• Drive the development and execution of live service brand and business objectives.
• Collaborating with game teams and cross-functional marketing teams to architect insight-based player experiences that drive ongoing engagement with the franchise.
• Work closely with publishing, creative services, channel marketing and sales to deliver product branding, positioning and audience insights.
• Lead brand marketing via strategic partnership with Development, Publishing, and Marketing partners to drive marketing activities that meet the needs of players and the market.
• Develop franchise objectives and establish KPIs that communicate and measure brand and franchise performance.
• Shape the definition of our consumer target and their associated needs, motivations, and insights that assist brand growth, product development and inform marketing strategies.
• Partner with Studio Leadership and Product Development on strategic, multi-year live service brand and product roadmaps that delight our players and deliver on the brand vision.
• Serve as Maxis Marketing Lead for new business development, collaborating with studio on testing and developing go to market plans based on clear KPIs.
• Lead and influence the marketing touchpoints in the player journey that impact product development and CFX team execution in support of exceeding player needs and strengthening relationships with players.
• Bring a creative and commercial mindset to development. Lead with studio in defining positioning, product features, content, and experiences by advocating on behalf of marketing and the player's needs.
• Lead and define real time relevant marketing and engagement for players.
• Support creative teams in briefing and driving creative asset development/approvals of all key art and campaign content.
Skills / Core Competencies
• Deep experience in brand management and product marketing.
• Solid business, analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Positive attitude and ability to collaborate – a must!
• Ability to strategically identify marketing opportunities based on cultural, consumer, market, and industry trends.
• Experience with cross-functional leadership with consumer live services, web, games and technology development teams.
• Experience with developing innovative strategic brand marketing plans, marketing campaigns and development of brand marketing creative thru cross functional leadership.
• Understanding of consumer online marketing channels including paid search, direct response media, direct marketing / CRM, analytics, social media and viral marketing.
• Understanding of complex / interactive product or experience, software experience or gaming. PC Gaming experience a plus.
• Familiarity with the asset development process, experience in managing creative agencies, writing impactful copy, and planning strategic asset plans that support product and key initiatives.
• Ability to lead teams in developing KPIs, tracking and developing strategies based on results.
• Ability to apply critical thinking and analysis to projects / workflow in addition to problems.
• Excellent, consistent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong leadership & teamwork skills to ensure cooperative relationships across departments.
• 5+ years of marketing experience including acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization.
• Strong project, time management and communication skills.
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Office programs.
• A passion for understanding your consumer and creative brands a plus.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
• 5-10 years brand/product marketing experience, online gaming and/or online consumer businesses a big plus.
• Experience planning and executing online marketing campaigns including creative that works globally and across channels.
• Proven success leading & partnering with creative teams.
• Experience working in a matrixed, cross-functional organization.
• Excellent creative and strategic thinking.
• Marketing degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA a plus.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
On top of being part of a brand that stands for creativity, inclusion and self-expression, we have great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401K company match and many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives of creativity and individuality.
On the SIMS team, we try and create the world as it should be and cannot wait for you to join the group.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site