Sr. Program Manager, Competitive Gaming Readiness
Redwood City, CA
Sr. Project Manager, Competitive Gaming - Contract
EA was founded 30 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry-and the company-has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world's best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Battlefield, Mass Effect, Real Racing, Plants vs. Zombies, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world's most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fueled by our accomplished staff at locations across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The Competitive Gaming Entertainment (CGE) Senior Project Manager will work with the CGE team and partners: finance, legal, marketing and central tech teams to ensure the successful execution of CGE's projects. You will manage end-to-end project plans for CGE major projects while helping evolve the CGE project delivery framework.
You will work with the CGE Operations leadership and partners to ensure a comprehensive project plan is created, managed, and updated to meet the date and delivery of critical milestones.
As a member of the CGE Operations team, you will identify and help guide cross-organization projects against our top CGE priorities, including making recommendations and suggesting best practices relating to our project delivery framework and operational performance improvement opportunities.
• Lead: The coordination and planning for projects, driving the creation of project plans and driving work to completion across teams and functions.
• Drive cross-functional efforts: Lead efforts to guide planning and preparation across the project team including the creation of detailed work plans and identification of dependencies working with internal and external partners.
• Report Status / Risk Mitigation Plan: Lead regular status update meetings to assess progress and identify risks. Work with partners to proactively mitigate risks, escalate risks to senior management, and look for opportunities to improve how we work.
• Ensure activities are completed within compliance to EA business processes: Work with the program team to ensure appropriate legal and finance processes are followed in the delivery of projects.
• Lead the ongoing evolution of processes and tools within scope / look for opportunities to improve how we work: Assess current processes and tools and identify opportunities for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
• Lead projects in support of CGE.
• Drive retrospectives: Gather feedback from the project team and action to improve ongoing projects.
Required Work Experience and Skills:
• Education: Bachelor's degree with a focus on business or management.
• 5 or more years leading large-scale projects as a project manager and working with teams across different locations.
• Excellent project management skills (e.g. managing to timelines & budgets, setting expectations, sharing knowledge, etc.).
• Presentation Skills: Experience presenting large volume of complex data in a streamlined, summarized way (e.g. writing and presenting status decks to varying levels of leadership).
• MBA a plus
• Leader: Lead by example ensuring that opportunities to mentor others and direct the team towards mutual goals guide all work.
• Solutions Provider: Identify and create solutions even when none seem immediately present.
• Relationship Expert: Build, maintain, and encourage successful relationships between content and solution providers.
• Escalation Expert: Anticipate potential risks and identify a plan that prevents the risk from occurring or minimizes the impact. Knows when to call in Management for reinforcements.
• Creative: Recognize powerful ideas/features/trends in gaming and online world.
• Self-Starter: Independent and motivated. Can act upon opportunities and issues accordingly.
• Proven Leader: Comfortable communicating with a broad range of customer positions, from executive producer to accounting. Work with several levels of the organization to bring solutions and mutual understanding.
• Flexible and agile: adapt quickly and be effective in new situations.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site