Director of Product Management, Desktop
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EA Play Subscription Platform team is driving the strategy and implementation of important projects for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These projects include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA's gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Director of Product, Desktop, you will lead the Desktop Team to provide a performant PC gaming platform that helps players get into game quickly and without friction. In this leadership role, you will set the desktop strategy and partner with other Product Directors to align around a cohesive product vision, always with an eye on quality, performance and ensuring when players engage with the platform, the experience is optimized for play. You can navigate challenging deliverables and requirements. This means you excel in partnering with cross-discipline partner teams and collaborate at scale to achieve player facing services, with the goal of connecting players to their favorite games and the people they want to play with. As part of the broader Product Management team, you will be an important contributor to the EAX team based in the EA Redwood Shores.
Joining the EA Play Subscription Platform team, means joining the team shaping EA's subscription services now spanning three major platforms; building consumer experiences that power EA's games and allowing more personalized, socially connected, and frictionless experiences; and expanding our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that ''we see farther'', and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You're someone with a track record for:
• Experience being the lead product mind on a PC gaming platform
• Experience leading product development on a gaming platform that supports player-facing experiences.
• Experience prioritizing feature development and live support
• Experience with both user facing features and publishing platform support
• Experience managing product roadmaps and representing decisions and focus to executives
• You've got experience that helps you work and succeed in a diverse organization
• You can partner and collaborate, and engage partners
• You know how to motivate and energize your teams
• You are a team collaborator who can set direction
• Experience providing Return on investment and business case examples around new product plans.
• Most notably you'll have a rare mix of drive and patience, an understanding of technical platforms with the ability to keep the user voice front and center, and a master at prioritizing both features and teamwork that translate to success.
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• 8+ years of product management experience
• 5+ years of team management
• Familiarity with the gaming industry and current entertainment platforms
• Deep knowledge of direct competitors and the larger interactive entertainment space
• Metrics and goals for desktop applications designed to measure and improve product growth
In a typical week, the Director of Product, Desktop can...
• Work with Marketing Partners and Live Service Teams to help determine the Live Service Roadmap
• Work with User Experience, Research and Analytics groups to test and tweak the existing Player Experience
• Share insights and product progress with the wider Product Management team
• Unblock the team's requirements or risks
• Work with analysts to track progress against goals
• Create presentations or walk throughs and present to senior partners or executives
You'll build relationships and work with other members of the EAX organization to;
• Focus on the technical excellence of the platform
• Oversee quality within desktop and across destinations
• Pilot new programs, such as Healthy Play or Responsible Gaming
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site