San Francisco, CA
Nexstar's station, KRON4, the San Francisco Bay Area's Local News Station, seeks an Assignment Editor/ Digital Content Producer who can and wants to be part of a dynamic news program on multi-platforms. Candidate must have excellent journalistic judgement and understands the urgency of news. With a priority on breaking news, must know how to use time efficiently and effectively to provide thorough coverage. Must be an effective decision maker and problem solver who enjoys tackling a challenge. Must be self-starter, creative and not afraid of innovation. This person will have access to various technology resources so understanding and using new computer programs and equipment is imperative. As a power producer, candidate must be a good communicator and ready to be a team leader.
This candidate's responsibilities will include but is not limited to creating newscasts, writing, video desktop editing, creating graphics, and program execution.
This will be a part-time, non-union, non-exempt position.
• Prepare rundowns
• Write news stories for multi-platforms
• Edit, view and approve scripts plus video clips and graphics
• Work the assignment desk
• Use social media to find breaking and trending stories
• Be prepared to dispatch crews for breaking news
• Be able to research stories, make editorial decisions whether reporters should be assigned story
• Communicate clearly and effectively with reporters/anchors, assignment editors, directors, newsroom staff
• Management reserves the discretion to add or modify job duties as required
• 3 – 5 years' experience producing newscasts
• Demonstrate ability to use state of the art, live and graphic technologies, digital editing systems, and to work with writers, reporters and assignment editors on story development
• Knowledge of newsroom computer-based systems helpful: ENPS, Adobe Premiere, BitCentral Oasis/Precis, Chyron Hugo, Google Docs, Latakoo
• College degree or equivalent in journalism/communications or broadcasting preferred
• Must be a self-starter, hard worker, have a great attitude, and be versatile and efficient
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.