Sr VFX Artist
Los Angeles, CA US
We are DICE Los Angeles
DICE LA was founded in 2013 with a mission to create outstanding entertainment, and to do so in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We want to make great games and be great at making games.
What does that mean to you as a developer?
It means that you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We believe that we are all game makers, and everyone at our studio contributes to the goal of making amazing game experiences, regardless of role or title. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career. We also firmly believe that we are at our best when we have the proper balance between work and life. To support this balance, we nurture a culture that aims to reach the highest productivity without crunch, and by making smart decisions when it comes to how we work and plan. Having a positive, inclusive studio culture is of extreme importance to us.
Our games reflect the means by which they are created. Games that are crafted in an inspiring atmosphere, with creativity, artistry and technology as their backbone, will capture the imagination of gamers around the world.
We are looking for experienced VFX Artists like you, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft.
• Create stunning real-time visual effects using a mastery of high-quality particle effects, textures, and shaders
• Optimize effects for performance on multiple platforms
• Work with team members to share knowledge and solve cross-discipline problems
Skills We Look For:
• Experience with Houdini and dynamic simulations
• Experience with Photoshop, Maya or 3DS Max
• Strong sense of lighting, color, form and motion
• Experience with Python scripting or equivalent
• Familiar with PBR workflows
• Strong proficiency in technical problems solving
• Collaborate effectively within a team
• Previous game production experience
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site