Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA US
QA JIRA Administrator (Contract)
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
We are looking for a QA JIRA Database Administrator to assist in the development testing and project management of our internal projects.
The QA JIRA Database Administrator is responsible for supporting the development team in the management of the daily JIRA operational, administrative, development and reporting needs. The general purpose of this job is to provide a dedicated resource to support the development team for all JIRA database needs. Attention to detail is a critical requirement of the role, as is a highly communicative, amicable, team focused and mature demeanor.
• Configure, maintain and upgrade multiple concurrent JIRA projects
• Responsible for creating and maintaining JIRA issue types, workflows, screens, fields, attributes, and permissions
• Research, support, compile and troubleshoot JIRA tools
• Plan, evaluate, deploy, operate and maintain tools to test and support the expanding JIRA user-base
• Provide training to technical and non-technical teams to use JIRA and associated tools
• Configure, compile, refine and maintain JIRA dashboards and reporting
• Research, install, troubleshoot JIRA plug-ins
• Troubleshooting and fixing errors common to JIRA Applications and Application servers
• Atlassian Plugin Development using Java
• Perform a variety of JIRA related administrative support requests for internal development team
• Actively develop and improve JIRA skill set by keeping aware of JIRA industry trends, tools and techniques
• Perform high-level/critical validation and exploratory test coverage using different testing techniques on assigned projects
• Perform testing, issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation and support resolution on all JIRA related projects, version updates and add-ons
• Maintain a strong knowledge of the project design and scheduling changes to support QA test effectiveness, focus and reporting
• Drive collaborating work across disciplines within the internal/external development team to help advance the value, effectiveness and efficiency of JIRA as a development tool
• Excellent understanding of JIRA workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screens schemes, etc.
• Experience creating and managing security schemes, custom fields and configurations
• Experience installing, managing and administering Jira add-ons, plugins, and extensions
• Experience with administering JIRA/Confluence projects
• Experience in providing User Management and support for 500+ users, manage system access across groups to ensure compliance, and maintain best practices
• Experience with JIRA Language Query (JQL) and scripting.
• Experience with creating custom, advanced BI filters and dashboards using the data points within JIRA default, JIRA add-ons (Easy BI, nFeed, etc.) and external programs to different stakeholders
• Experience with setting up Confluence environment as a wiki site and ability to integrate with JIRA projects through API
• Experience with integrating Atlassian tools with non-Atlassian applications using REST API's etc.
• Experience maintaining customizations across versions of JIRA/Confluence
• Experience creating and maintaining detailed technical and user-facing documentation
• Experience in creating and maintain technical and user facing documentation
• Experience creating custom modules for JIRA/Confluence
• Experience in a customer facing role
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent critical analysis and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
• Experience with current generation PlayStation platforms and peripherals
• Experience in quality assurance/control testing
• Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience working with JIRA as an Administrator
• Passion for video games
• Experience in writing Atlassian plugins using Java
• Experience porting other ticketing system's existing databases into JIRA
• Experience collaborating with multi-discipline software develop teams to gather requirements to develop custom database tools that integrate within the organization
• Experience authoring wiki content for technical and non-technical audience
• Experience in software development, preferably in the video game industry
• Understanding of continuous integration and version control systems
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.