Montreal, QC CA
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
• Work with our head of CG and supervisors to build and maintain pipeline tools, techniques and procedures to support current projects and advance the capabilities of the facility for the future.
• Come up with elegant solutions and tools to speed up workflows, alleviate bottlenecks and facilitate production.
• Candidates will be required to contribute to their area of specialty (FX, Lighting, etc.) and overall back end development.
• Looking for someone who is motivated, proactive and self-starting. This is both a creative and technical position.
At least 5 years of development experience, preferably in a production environment.
• A solid grasp of shotgun application dev, along with developing tools for Maya, Houdini, Arnold, Vray, Mantra, RV, Nuke, Qt UI design, video/image/audio formats/compression and networking.
• Experience working with the following frameworks: sqlalchemy, quicktime, opengl and opencl.
• Experience with the following tools: virtualenv, apache, postgresql, alembic and compilers
• Must be a problem solver with good communication skills who can bring new ideas and solutions to the table.
• Functional knowledge of Linux based distributions.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site