Associate Environment Artist
Foster City, CA
Associate Environment Artist (Temporary) – Sledgehammer Games
Job Title:Associate Environment Artist (Temporary) – Sledgehammer Games
As an Associate Environment Artist, you will build and texture awe inspiring environments. If you have a passion for creating game art, please apply online.
Note: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Please include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating.
Sledgehammer Games has a state-of-the-art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Creates believable, photo-realistic 3D models and textures from concept art and photo reference.
• Assembles, edits, and optimizes highly detailed 3D environments.
• Troubleshoots technical and artistic issues.
• Communicates effectively with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals are met.
• 1+ years of experience creating high-quality 3D art assets and levels for AAA games.
• Ability to create realistic 3D props, environments and textures from concept art and photo reference.
• Ability to receive, give, and apply feedback effectively while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Understanding of lighting, color and scene composition.
• Basic understanding of physically based shaders.
• Proficient in next-gen asset creation.
• Proficient in Maya or 3ds Max, Photoshop and Substance Painter.
• Self-driven, dedicated to advancing your craft, and eager to learn new techniques and software.
• Passionate about games; take pride in everything you do and have a positive attitude.
• Experience with a level editor (i.e. Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, Radiant, etc.)
• Foundation in traditional art with ability of concepting ideas.
• Familiarity with Substance Designer
• Familiarity with Zbrush
• Exceptional visual and technical understanding of 3D modeling and texturing.
• Architecture, photography, photogrammetry or cinematography experience.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site