Senior Concept Artist
Redwood City, CA US
SENIOR UI DESIGNER - Contract
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play.
This is an exciting opportunity to reimagine a Star Wars mobile product at a design led EA studio where experience design is peer to game design and art. As part of the XD team, you will report into the Experience Design Director and work in close collaboration with game design, user research, art, product management, engineering and operations.
• Produce high-quality UI designs and ensure that players can enjoy an immersive gaming experience that aligns with the visual design style of the game and the brand
• Partner with the UI design lead to produce the game's visual design system that includes iconography, typography, visual hierarchy, brand expression and motion
• Collaborate closely with UX designers to gather requirements, explore creative directions, produce prototypes and iterate based on testing results
• Deliver high fidelity and high-quality UI screens that align with the product's experience goals, usability and accessibility standards
• 5+ years of relevant experience with multiple shipped products
• Related post-secondary education, with preference towards a Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design or similar
• Understanding of UX methodologies & tools to support your visual design solutions
• Great knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or other visual design tools such as Figma or Sketch
• Knowledge of Unity's UI system (UGUI) is huge bonus
• The ability to layout complex information in an easy to understand manner.
• Strong visual design skills (i.e., composition, iconography, layout, typography, color theory)
• Motion graphics skills, the ability to bring interfaces to life with usability in mind.
• Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, product-focused environment; you enjoy collaboration and appreciate the exchange of ideas and concepts
• Comfort presenting cohesive design approaches to non-design audience
• Familiarity with technical UI authoring frameworks
• A strong awareness of current design and art trends
• Experience creating, contributing to and working with Design Systems.
It's a bonus if you have…
• Experience designing applications for a global and multilingual user base
• A passion for strategy games
• Experience working in distributed/remote teams
• The flexibility to travel