Redwood City, CA US
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Our games are played everywhere in the world, in countries as diverse as the USA, Germany, Russia, Brazil, South Korea, and the Emirates, on any kind of gaming device (PC, web, console, mobile, smart TV's) and support different business models (digital downloads, PDLC, F2P, and subscriptions.)
The Challenge Ahead
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that allow game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built.
The Data & AI group in EADP oversees the Big Data platform for all franchises and business groups at Electronic Arts. This platform incorporates data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud-based tech stack with outstanding tools. The team provides the tools and platform which powers the future of game development, creative player experiences, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
As a Product Manager, you will oversee building a technology roadmap that expands our product offerings and bring new experiences to our customers. You will help promote technology improvement in the form of products, features, and platforms. You will help improve the long-term strategy, vision, and roadmap, with a high degree of ownership over important features and player experience. You will report to Sr. Director of Technical Product Management - Data & AI.
Data & AI Product Manager own data platform product offerings and provides new experiences to our analysts, data engineers, producers and other executives. You will help guide technology progress in the form of products, features, and platforms. You will work with engineers, architects, program managers and other product managers to ensure delivery of data ingestion, quality, aggregation, access and visualization capabilities and products to meet our needs.
You will report to the Sr. Director, Technical Product Management - Data & AI, and will require about 15% travel. You will provide outstanding access data access and data insights development tools to our both technology experienced analysts and data engineers and our producers and executives. This often involves development and customization of open source products and 3rd party solutions to meet the needs of the company.
Your detailed responsibilities include:
• Determine vision and requirement documents for data platform solutions and features including self-service visualization products, chat bots, query engines, dash-boarding tools, analytics products and data warehouse
• Produce roadmap for aggregation, visualization and data access products and experiences
• Research trends and market patterns, industry research, and competitor product analysis to establish feature requirements and the product roadmap
• Develop Indicators for products owned
• Work with Program Management to communicate progress and status of releases, manage our priorities, escalate and resolve risks or misalignment.
• Work with Analytics, Marketing, Publishing teams Producers and exec level take holders to develop products and features
• Prepare and help implement go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful launch execution, and adoption
• Conduct product training to broader set of customers from developers to senior leaders
• Manage products through their life cycle: idea, introduction, growth, and ending stages.
• Produce Measurements and use them to guide decision-making about the future of the product
• Become the go-to knowledge person for data access and visualization capabilities including developing and promoting best practices for using tools
Experience and Education
• 5 or more years in platform product management.
• 3+ years of high scale online services experience
• Experience leading / building data access solutions such as query engines, chat bots, visualization tools and dashboard
• Experience developing solutions using one or more query engines like Presto, Hive,Snowflake and Redshift
• Experience developing dashboards and applications using Looker, Tableau or similar
• Understand large-scale data platform capabilities and enough technical depth across these capabilities to assess risk and find solutions.
• Understand software development life-cycle principles and online services management.
• Experience managing engagement with partners at the Director/Sr. Director level
• Advanced degree with a focus on business or product management.
• Convert complex asks into elegant and scalable products.
• User and design experience.
• Balances engagement and risk.
• Thoughtfulness in decision-making, immerse yourself in data and identify important trends, opportunities and risks.
• Balance development capacity and operational readiness whilst keeping positive collaborative relationships.
• Act for process improvements
• Convincingly explain complex ideas to a variety of partners from different functions.
• Present to senior management.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture is powered by creativity and individuality.