Software Engineer for Electronic Arts Finland
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Tracktwenty is Electronic Arts mobile game studio based in the centre of Helsinki. The studio brings SimCity BuildIt to tablet and mobile and the game has more than 200 million installs to date. As well as growing SimCity BuildIt, the studios passionate team of programmers, artists, designers, marketers and analysts are working to create the next big hit to come out of Finland for EA Mobile.
Working as part of a Global team embedded in our Track Twenty Studio we are searching for a Creative Software Engineer to partner with our game teams. You will be driving improvements to Automation systems, development pipelines, tools and libraries. Its a great opportunity for a developer who wants to contribute to the way we make and test games successfully.
In this role your responsibilities would include:
• You will oversee the maintenance and development of the studio's automation systems, scripting pipeline, tooling, and related processes.
• Design and deliver tooling to support development teams' automation and tooling goals.
• Develop API libraries and best practices to allow fast, accurate, and efficient scripting effort.
• Instrument and tool the product to organize test automation and the collection of runtime metrics and telemtries.
• Coordination with offsite teams on delivering test automation results, from the implementation of test cases to execution.
• As needed, maintain test automation scripts and studio device testing hardware (both in the cloud and onsite).
• Uphold standards through knowledge sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community.
• 4+ years of professional experience in C# development.
• 2+ years of professional experience developing GUI tools, and knowledge of relevant frameworks (Qt, WPF, Xamarin) OR experience creating web interfaces (TypeScript, AngularJS).
• 2+ years of professional experience designing databases, collecting telemetries, building queries, and maintaining basic database operations.
• Experience with software testing best practices and patterns.
• Experience participating in all aspects of Scrum: planning, daily engagement, and retrospectives..
• A love for making and playing games, and passion for quality in everything we do.
• Experience profiling software, and understanding of key indicators which contribute to performant software.
• Experience with iOS and/or Android software development (or PS4/Xbox console equivalent).
• Hands-on experience with Jenkins or other CI systems.
• Experience with containerized deployment systems such as Docker.
• Experience with Unity 3D engine.
At Tracktwenty, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're a community of artists, storytellers and technologists working in one of the most dynamic industries around.
We've built a fun, productive and passionate team who are rewarded with great compensation packages and benefits such as shares, pension scheme, healthcare, gym contribution, free games and endless snacks and drinks in the office!